Friday, March 16, 2012

Krystal, Age 27 newly acquainted to ACHD; previous CHD pt.

Hi Everyone, My name is Krystal Wutt, I am 27 years old, and I live in Stevens Point, Wi. I was born with a hole in my left aortic valve but it was not detected until I was about 3 or 4 years old. I was sent from doctor to doctor, they all kept saying I had asthma, because of my shortness of breath and low energy. I finally was referred to Dr. Friederg, who right away had me come in and they sent a balloon up through my thigh to my heart and thats how they were able to tell what the exact problem was. At that time it already had a very small leak and because it is in my family but skips every 3rd generation, I was the one to get it and they determined I was born with it. Dr. Friedberg and his team were so awesome, they all became like family to me, Dr. Friedberg just wasnt my doctor he was my best friend. I saw him for many years and at the age of 15 I had my first open heart surgery done by Dr. Twedell and they sewed my hole which was at the time the option we wanted to go to give me time to have children because that was always my number one dream:) I am now 27 was not blessed with having children and now with Dr. Friedberg being retired and my age I am now Dr. Earings' patient. I went to see him for the first time in Feb. of this year to perform the echo and the news was my valve is leaking pretty good and surgery is being put in order. This time I am going to go with a mechanical valve because I just dont want to have to go through with another surgery in x amount of years, I want something that will last a long time. I have my consultation with Dr. Twedell on April 6th to go over everything and hopefully set a date for surgery then. I also learned I have anxiety and have been put on meds for that as well, for 2mths I couldnt do anything, didnt want to do anything, couldnt relax, couldnt sleep, couldnt function properly, dizzy and nauseus all the time. So needless to say this year has not started out the way I was hoping but I know in the long run it will all be worth it. We all just have to keep fighting and doing what we can:) I am so thankful to those of you who have started this, help with things, and for everyone sharing their story. Its great to know and be able to share our stories with people who can relate. I hope to meet all of you one day:) You can also find me on facebook, Krystal Selthofner Wutt, if you would like to chat more with me def send me a friend request and we can keep in touch that way as well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment